The Causes And Treatment Of Dog Amaemia
Dog health is often a cause of worry for every pet owner. Dog health questions are on the top of the mind for every dog lover and owner. Dogs suffer from all health problems, just as we do and many symptoms can be similar to our''s. Their pain, their tears, their hurt, it''s all real and every dog owner can vouch for that. Anemia is a dog health condition experienced by humans as well. Dog anemia is not a disease rather a condition that is caused due to low red blood cell count and/or low levels of hemoglobin.
Though the dog health can be affected by anemia caused by parasitic worms or fleas that live on his blood tissues, but your dog may also be anemic due to exposure to specific drugs.
Causes of dog anemia include:
- Parasites or various worms
- Chronic Loss of Blood
- Lack of Nutrition
Symptoms of Anemia include:
- Pale/White gums
- Low Level of Stamina (dog health is affected and he/she gets tired easily)
- Fast Pulse Rate
Treatment for Dog Anemia
If you love your pooch, seeing your dog become sluggish, easily tired, and generally disinterested to do anything is bound to bring a frown to your forehead. Dog health questions related to the dog health will plague your mind for sure. Of course, before you work out the next course of action, you must consult your vet or seek treatment from a good and reputable veterinarian. However, there isn''t any reason for panic when it comes to anemia. Healthy diet, Vitamin supplements, love and care would restore the dog health back.
Here''s low-down on some the foods and supplements that are rich in iron and help to boost the level of red blood cells in your dog.
- Feed your dog back to health by feeding him beef liver. It''s not just rich in iron, but rich in protein, B complex, and Vitamin B12. Beef liver is an excellent way to restore dog health affected by anemia.
- Why not try some kelp powder? Add it to your Fido''s food. The powder is a great source of iodine and trace minerals.
- Leafy green vegetables are a well-know source of iron and protect the dog health from conditions such as anemia. However, don''t feed too much of vegetables such as broccoli as it can lead to acidity and gas.
- Some vitamin supplements such as Vitamin B12, Vitamin C - 3 doses a day between 500 mgs to 2000 mgs, depending on the size of your dog - can revive the dog health. Vitamin E in 200 mg to 400 mg doses can also help to absorb the iron.
Along with all these dietary recommendation, you must get proper blood tests done to rule out any other possibility. Some peaceful time will also let the dog recuperate back to good dog health.
If your worried about dog anaemia visit our store as we have hundereds of dog health articles. We also have a pet health forum where you can ask any dog health questions.
Article Source: ArticlesBase.com