Everything about Hypnotism
Hypnotism is a method for guiding you through a procedure of changing thoughts or behaviors and even your body image through harnessing the power of the mind. Hypnotism is a guided state of relaxation in which trained hypnotherapists call the trance state.
Under hypnotism, positive suggestions can be made that can help the person to achieve goals, break a bad habit, or initiate a healing. Hypnotism is safe and can be used to create positive lasting change in a person''s life.
Some Facts about Hypnotism
- Hypnotism will work for everyone except the person who does not want it to work.
- The hypnotist uses a "talking language" to guide the subject through a series of visualization exercises or NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming).
- It is a completely natural way to absorb information. Someone who wishes NOT to be hypnotized cannot be hypnotized. You can also not be made to do anything morally or ethically that you would not normally do when not hypnotized. You cannot be made to do anything against your will.
- Hypnotism can be used for changing thought patterns, behaviors, and can even be used to change the physical body.
- Hypnotism can also be used by a licensed therapist to decrease your perception of pain, decrease cravings, or increase your ability to cope with a given situation.
- Hypnotism can be used to control pain of childbirth, or that experienced when undergoing chemotherapy. It can also control symptoms of asthma.
- Hypnotism works by shifting your attention and allowing you to focus on a object of desire - a goal, habit or suggestion.
- There are a lot of myths concerning hypnotism. Basically hypnotism is a relaxed state of being in which one wakes up completely refreshed or may chose to end the hypnotism session by dropping off to sleep.
When you are in the state of hypnotism you are:
- More focused
- More responsive to suggestions
- More open to ideas and less of a critical or disbelieving nature.
Hypnotism has been used to successfully change negative behaviors or bad habits such as smoking, bed-wetting, and overeating. It has been used to reduce fear, anziety and stress.
The Myths Surrounding Hypnotism
- One common myth concerning hypnotism is that you surrender your will when under hypnotism.
- The truth is that hypnotism is just an altered state of mind and as such you do not lose your sense of being, your personality or your free will.
- Another misconception is that when you are under hypnotism, the therapist completely controls what you do.
- Hypnotism is something that those participating in, do for themselves. They are participants and you are just guiding the therapists or hypo therapists for a short period of time.
- Some persons think that you will lose consciousness and have amnesia when you come out of it.
- A few persons may experience spontaneous amnesia, but most persons remember everything that happened while under hypnotism.
- Some have the fear that you can be put on hypnotism without your consent or awareness of being hypnotized.
- Even those who volunteer to be hypnotized can find it difficult to be put under hypnotism.
Decrease or limit the experience of phobias. It has been used to reduce the pain felt during dental and surgical procedures. It can also be used in other medical procedures like treating irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), to control nausea and vomiting when receiving chemotherapy and to promote healing for some skin diseases such as warts, psoriasis and dermatitis. Hypnotism is to be used as part of a treatment plan and not the only treatment.
A hypnotherapist can teach one how to self-hypnotism. Hypnotism is not just for medical goals. It can be quite useful for athletics that are looking for the extra boost of confidence in achieving goals regarding physical performance.
During Hypnotism Sessions
What to expect during a session:
- Most sessions last approximately 30 to 60 minutes
- You may need only one session or several
- The person being hypnotized ususally brings himself or herself out of the hypnotism state at the end of the session.
- Normal daily activities can usually be resumed following a hypnotism session.